in Salesforce has
never been easier
Familiar and intuitive, even non-technical users will be able to manage the most complex projects.
100% Salesforce native
Seamlessly integrate with Salesforce Tasks, Opportunities, Chatter, Reports and Dashboards.
Collaborate across teams
Share project data, send messages, upload and store documents, create polls and connect with team members through Salesforce Chatter.
Customize for your needs
Easily customize Inspire Planner through Salesforce configuration. Add custom fields, objects, automation, reports and more.
Accelerate your productivity through our powerful yet easy-to-use features
Interactive Gantt Chart
Integration with Salesforce Tasks
External Project Portal
Advanced Task Dependencies
Unlimited Project Templates
- Interactive Gantt chart
- Kanban board
- Calendar view (via native Salesforce calendars)
- Resource Allocation view
- Project Portfolio dashboard
- List views - Table, Kanban, and Split
- Intuitive drag and drop interface
- Custom fields
- Powerful filters
- Track time against any Salesforce object
- (Project Tasks, Cases, Opportunities, Accounts, etc.)
- Automatic Stopwatch
- Track time manually on Salesforce Task record
- Track time manually via Time Tracker tab
- Daily and weekly views for Time tracking
- Planned vs Actual effort
- Time entry approval (coming soon)
- Timesheet approval (coming soon)
- Time tracking only tasks
Reporting and Analytics
- Advanced Reporting and Analytics
- (with Salesforce reports and dashboards)
- Built-in reports
- Built-in dashboards
- Custom reports
- Custom dashboards
- Project KPIs
- 100% Salesforce native
- Enterprise-grade security and privacy standards of Salesforce
- User Profiles
- Permission sets
- Record Level Security
- Field Level Security
Project and Task Management
- Integration with native Salesforce tasks
- Advanced Task dependencies (FS, SS, FF, SF)
- Multiple Predecessors
- Unlimited projects
- Unlimited tasks and sub-tasks
- Unlimited milestones
- Unlimited portfolios
- Task assignments to Salesforce users, contacts and queues
- Task notifications and reminders
- Ready to start task indicator
- Task priority
- Project risks and issues (with Salesforce Cases)
- Critical path map
- Schedule baseline
- Project slippage
- Project variance
- Lag and lead time
- Free and total Slack
- Scheduling mode (Automatic vs Manual)
- Define non-working days and weeks
- Powerful project automation
- (using Salesforce Process Builder or Salesforce Flow)
- Unlimited project templates
- Project Template Stitching for Opportunity Products
- Automatic task assignments based on roles
- Integrations with 3rd party apps (via standard Salesforce API)
- Project team collaboration via Salesforce Chatter
- External sharing via Project portal for non-Salesforce users
- Project files management with version history
- Customer Community Plus Support (paid)
- Partner Community Support (paid)
- Relate projects to any Salesforce record
- Print and export project plans (to PDF or Excel)
- Mobile access (via Salesforce mobile app)
- Resource capacity and utilization planning
- Resource attributes (for users and contacts)
- Skills management
- Expertise management
- PTO management
- Custom attributes
- Manage resource’s working hours per day
- Daily, weekly, and monthly views of resource allocation
- Hourly and percentage allocation views
- Project budget and expenses
- Budgeted vs Actual project cost
- Resource hourly rates
- Earned Value
- Cost Performance Index (CPI)
- Estimated at Completion (EAC)
- Cost variance
- Effort variance
- Automatic Cost calculation based on effort and rate
- Top-rated personal support
- Unlimited help tickets
- Extensive Knowledge Base full of step-by-step articles and videos
- Unlimited access to Inspire Planner training resources
- Access to Inspire Planner user community
- Different Onboarding packages
- Optional Premier Customer Success Plans
- Help ticket priority routing (premium)
- Configuration support & diagnostics (premium)
- Ongoing case assessment (premium)
- Annual or quarterly account review with a Customer Success Manager (premium)
- Custom development support & diagnostics (premium)
- Custom release schedule (premium
For teams looking to quickly deploy a Salesforce project management app, Inspire Planner is cost-effective, scalable and will grow with your business.
Since Inspire Planner is native to Salesforce, you can have confidence knowing that even your most complex needs will be addressed. Whether it’s data security, integrations, performance or customization potential, Inspire Planner is designed for the enterprise.
As a proud Pledge 1% organization, we believe in the power of social impact and supporting nonprofits in our communities. In addition to donating 10 free licenses to any qualifying non-profit organization, we also offer discounts for any additional users.
See why our customers love Inspire Planner
Associate Director, Programs
Intuitive product that helps us work together better
We’ve been using Inspire for a few years now and find it very helpful. As a nonprofit, we use it for all parts of our work, including, program development/management, communication campaigns, staff management, events, etc. It’s a fairly intuitive platform that everyone on our team is able to use. It was important to use, when selecting a PM tool, that it integrated with SF tasks so we would be able to see the full scope of our workload in one place. Inspire does this beautifully, taking advantage of native SF tools (like tasks and chatter, etc.) – it means less of a learning curve for people and easier adoption across the team – which means we can be more collaborative and transparent in all of our projects. The Inspire team is also big on listening to their customers and finding ways to improve their product.
Vice President of Business Systems and Processes
Clear winner for project collaboration
Within our global organization we manage complex projects across multiple users in different countries. Inspire Planner drives results with an intuitive interface and user-friendly features including integration with Salesforce Chatter. Focus less on project administration and more on team collaboration!
Business Intelligence Analyst
Our company is fairly new to Salesforce with a limited number of users running projects. However, as a certified PMP with more than 25 years of IT experience, I needed something to help me manage the multitude of Projects I’m involved with managing. I tried other products that were out there all with limited success. Basically I found them to be either too difficult to use for the end user or too expensive to fit our needs. That’s when I found “Inspire”.
For those PMs who’ve managed projects using either Excel or MS Project, Inspire is extremely intuitive and easy to set up. In fact, I had one of my existing projects up and running the very same day I installed Inspire and that was BEFORE I had even looked at the guidance Inspire provided!
As someone who has worked in IT most of their life and has dealt with various levels of tech support, I can tell you that the Inspire team is second to none. In addition, their sales team is extremely responsive and flexible. Not something you always see “after the sale”.
Everything and More
After an extensive search on AppExchange, my company went with Inspire Planner to use as a basic Project Management tool. After only a few months, this basic tool turned into one of our most powerful tools. We increased our project management tenfold and we continue to increase it with each new release. The people at Inspire Planner know their system well and know how to apply it even better. There have been a few limitations along the way, but most of them are resolved with the next release and the others come from ideas that we couldn’t even dream about before going with Inspire Planner. Overall it’s one of the best apps and it’s only getting better.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do all my Salesforce users require an Inspire Planner license?
No, users need a license if they need access to any data related to Inspire Planner. We recommend licenses for anyone who needs the following:
- Create or manage projects
- Will have project tasks assigned
- Need access to reports and dashboards
Non-Inspire Planner users can still be assigned project tasks, which will result in standard Salesforce tasks, but they won’t see all the details without a license. Such users will have very limited project collaboration capabilities.
For example, the users without a license won’t be able to participate in Chatter collaboration, access shared files, log time for their tasks, see task dependencies, or any custom fields related to Inspire Planner. That is why we strongly recommend all project collaborators have a license.
Do external contacts require an Inspire Planner license to view projects?
No, in order to view projects in our External Project Portal, your external contacts do not need Salesforce or Inspire Planner licenses. On top of being able to view your project in real-time, your external contacts can also update the status of their tasks, edit actual effort, and leave a comment for your project manager. Through this fully secure portal, you can share projects with an unlimited number of external contacts, while all your data stays in Salesforce.
If you need your external contacts to have full access to all the functionality of Inspire Planner, then you can use a paid Salesforce Community and purchase Inspire Planner licenses for such contacts.
Does Inspire Planner offer onboarding help?
Yes, we have a required Standard Onboarding package. We also have a full professional services team that can help with any sort of additional customization, or guidance, on a per-hour basis. Please see the details here.
What kind of support does Inspire Planner offer?
Standard support is included in the license fee. It includes unlimited email help tickets, unlimited access to Inspire Planner Training Resources, as well as access to the Inspire Planner User Community.
Inspire Planner also offers two premium Customer Success plans, which include priority help ticket routing, support & diagnostics for extended configuration and development, assigned customer success manager, custom release schedule, and more.
Does Inspire Planner offer a free trial?
Here is how to install Inspire Planner trial in your Production or Sandbox:
Does Inspire Planner have a mobile app?
Inspire Planner doesn’t have a standalone mobile app but since Inspire Planner is a 100% Salesforce-native solution, it works with the Salesforce mobile app.
- We support the following functions:
- Updating tasks
- View/update project attributes
- Posting to Chatter
- Logging time
- View reports and dashboards
The Gantt chart interface is not intended for mobile devices.